KSNO members- We are NO longer updating the members only section. Click on the SchoolNurseNet logo to join in the KSNO on-line community discussions. Use your NASN login and share school nurse practice information, share resources, find "Member's Only" organizational content and more. "Member's Only" information is posted under the "Library" tab.
Welcome to the Kansas School Nurse Organization
School nursing, a specialized practice of nursing, protects and promotes student health, facilitates optimal development, and advances academic success. School nurses, grounded in ethical and evidence-based practice, are the leaders who bridge healthcare and education, provide care coordination, advocate for quality student-centered care, and collaborate to design systems that allow individuals and communities to develop their full potential. (NASN, 2017)
Please visit the Resource tab for many Kansas school nurse resources.
Public Resources: The "Resources" drop down under "Links" on the web page provides quick access to the following:
- Kansas School Nurse Regulation Grid-Revised 2014
KSNO is pleased and excited to announce the completed revision of this important resource.
Many thanks to all contributors, editors and reviewers who worked on this project over several months. Special thanks to Chris Tuck for her leadership and efforts in coordinating this project.
Step Up and Be Counted! Submit your district’s information by August 31, 2017 for the 2016-17 school year. Use the following links to assist:
- Explanations and information to assist in calculating your data -https://schoolnursenet.nasn.org/stepupbecounted/datacollection
- Sept. 2016 KS school enrollment counts
- When ready to submit data for your school district, click this link KANSAS STEP UP!
- For questions specific to Kansas contact Cindy Galemore, Health Consultant, Olathe Public Schools at email@example.com