- Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in Schools – Effective July 1 ,2014
- Returning to Learning Following a Concussion
- KSNO School Nurse to Student Ratio and School Nurse to Building Ratio Results
- Over 300 School Nurses Attend the 24th Annual Summer Conference for Kansas School Nurses
- Governor Brownback Signs School Nuse Day Proclamation
Proclamation- School Nurse Day- May 8, 2013
- Connecticut School Shooting Position Statement, December 2012
- Bed Bugs: Michigan publication, Michigan Manual for the Prevention and Control of Bed Bugs, includes a section on “Bed Bugs: What Schools Need to Know”
- KSNO Board Member Cindy Galemore Quoted in Nursing Notes
- See Nurses in Unique Position to Improve Concussion Awareness
- Lions Club Vision Screening for Children
- New Master’s Degree-Designed to Meet the Needs of the School Nurse
- NASN Wants Your Story
- 2011 Emergency Preparedness School Nurse Survey- Results
- Kansas Health Alert Network – Calling All School Nurses
- HB 2094- providing for vaccine exemption based on “reasons of conscience or personal belief”.
Scheduled for a Hearing Januray 18, 2012.
Kansas school nurses are encouraged to contact their legislator and voice any concerns regarding this bill.
KSNO opposes this bill.
Access a copy of the bill at at http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2011_12/measures/hb2094/
Copy of letter RE: HB 2094 submitted on behalf of KSNO by KSNO President, Polly Witt. The letter was submitted to Immunize Kansas Kids, KDHE and Committee Chairman Ladwehr and committee members
- KSNO Year End Review 2010
- KSNO Awards and Celebrations 2010
- KSDE School Vending Machine Requirements
- KHSAA Newly Adopted Concussion Guidelines for Athletes