- Kansas school nurses have provided active services since 1915.
- First associated with Kansas State Nurses Association, included in the Public Health Section if KSNA.
- April 1952 – School Nurse section was activated in KSNA.
- August 1990 – Sponsored first annual conference for school nurses.
- 1998 – Cooperated with Kansas Highway Patrol to create Recognition and Evaluation of Substance Abuse in the Academic settings inservice.
- 2000 – Created web site, established permanent address and toll free number.
- 2004 – KSNO votes to unify with the National Association of School Nurses
Past Presidents of KSNO
2022-2023 Lesley Thomas
2020-2022 Ronda Hutchinson
2018-2020 Kimber Kasitz
2016-2018 Annie Wallace
2014-2016 Katrina Benyshek
2012-Joann Wheeler, Maize
2010-12 Polly Witt, Garden City
2008-10 Chris Tuck, Topeka
2006-08 Shari Motelet, Kansas City
2004-06 Sue Holmes, Salina
2003-04 Mary Ann Shorman, Hays
2002-03 Brenda Cappel
2001-02 Valerie Rainman, Garden City
2000-01 Cindy Galemore, Olathe
1999-00 Tona Leiker, Andover
1997-99 Sharon Anderson, Belle Plaine
1994-96 Ruth Wolfram, Oberlin
1993-94 Melba Madden, Wichita
1992-93 Betty Scott, Pittsburg
1990-91 Illeen Meyer, Emporia
1987-89 Joyce Glimpse, Wichita
1986-87 Gwen Stanley, Wichita
1984-85 Helen White, Wellington
1982-83 Sue Baker, Shawnee Mission
1980-81 Lois Satterthwaite, Winfield